- Job description
Oversees all facets of the association regarding membership services, including the Cinema Buying Group and CinemaCon. Also serves as the liaison to the International Associations representing NATO members and various territories overseas.
- Issues covered
- Membership, Technology, Independents, International, Cinema Buying Group, CinemaCon
- Work experience summary
Completed a Masters of Fine Arts degree in Directing from the Catholic University of America (DC), and then worked as a director at theaters such as Fords Theater and the Delaware Shakespeare Festival. Joined NATO in 2007.
- Daphne, AL
- Auburn University (“War Eagle!”)
- Favorite Film
- Big Fish (2003); Chariots of Fire (1981); Wall-E (2008)
- Concession stand must haves
- Popcorn, Reese’s Pieces (as a kid, it was Twizzlers)
- Favorite cinema memory
- My dad took my brother and me to see “Star Wars” at the Orange Park cinema in Jacksonville, FL. In fact, we saw all three original Star Wars films at that cinema while visiting our grandparents during those summers. The trick was to avoid any commercials, reviews or word of mouth from friends before we actually saw the movie, which would be impossible these days. I only wish I could recall one specific memory, i.e. the moment in “The Empire Strikes Back” when Darth Vader reveals his true identity to Luke Skywalker. Alas, I might have been asleep (I was only 3.5 years old at the time). But that’s why kids are great – kids and your friends who’ve lived under a rock all their lives: That moment is still fresh for them.